Saturday, June 14, 2014

Page 8

Fresh from the pages of my art journal I give you page 8

I started with a base of my homemade modeling paste on the page and then spritzed it with my blue color mist. The border is jute twine that was glued to the page. The chicken is fabric that I stitched together before gluing down to the page. The nest was painted and the eggs were cut from paper, highlighted with colored pencils and glued into the nest. I finished by painting on the wording on the left side and then outlining it with marker once the paint was dry.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love this!

Antonella said...

Love the retro feel of your journal page, missing the days when everything was 5 cents, lol....
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Antonella :-)

MadSnapper said...

definitely retro retro at 5 cent a doze..i just paid 17 cents PER EGG for a dozen a few minutes ago.
this is really cool. i like that nest and eggs, they look like i could pick them up...

Duni said...

What a cute chicken :) Pretty paintings!

Out on the prairie said...

A classic chicken

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE this, it is so cute! And perfectly done!

Connie said...

Cute, cute and cute!!!

Grace said...

This is marvelous. With all of the effort and creativity that you are putting into these I wonder if a sketch book would have been a better choice - you know for the long term keeping of these.

Sandee said...

I love how your book is coming along. I can also see that you are having a great time too.

Have a fabulous weekend. My best to Duke. :)

Catherine said...

Oh this is cute Ann! Good job.

Cabbitch... love it...

Happy Saturday!
xo Catherine

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Do you have to do such cute stuff???? Can't you make something ugly...just once????? ..../)JP

Helen said...

cute,

boy, when was that, 5 cents for a dozen of eggs.

marie said...

Love seeing your journal pages!

Sharkbytes said...

Very cute! I never think of stuff like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails