Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Documented Life Project.

Finally I've got the latest art journal page ready to show you. Hopefully I won't be so late with the next one.

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 14
Art Challenge:  Borders
Journal Prompt:  "Borderline feels like I'm going to lose my mind."

So originally because of the journal prompt I was thinking crazy, coo-coo and it made me think of a funky looking bird so I doodled one and then for the border I wrote out the entire journal prompt around the page with swirls and very loose letters.


I hated it and it sat while I did some more thinking. I had absolutely no ideas whatsoever so I covered it lightly with gesso and went from there. The quirky bird was totally hidden when I was done and I had background and border I could live with but still had no clues.


I finally went in search of a quote  and found one that I liked. Then I called it done.

Now I need to get started on the next challenge page. 

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You just keep on pushing my love (of your journals) over the borderline! But I cannot remember WHO sang it.Feels like I'm going to lose my mind...

Out on the prairie said...

A total change for the best

MadSnapper said...

poor funky bird, disappeared BUTT it was a good thing.. Love the quote and the borders..

Grace said...

Love the colors and the quote...another fabulous creation.

Duni said...

Cool saying and love the bright colours!!

Sandee said...

Yet the bird is still under that creation. That was my thought anyway. I love this and the colors are awesome.

Have a fabulous day. My best to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Marie said...

from what I can see, the bird looked cute. Love your colors and border. :)

Christine said...

Well done you for finishing another page and a great one it is too!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

AWESOME quote, oh great talented one!!!!...:)JP

Deb said...

Fabulous page, love how you used the prompt as your border, inspired!

BeadedTail said...

Love that quote! Far too often I've had enough! :) You're making me want to journal as soon as tax season is over!

Sharkbytes said...

Well, I sure like that quote. I've had to "give up" on a few things in my life, and it doesn't feel good, but to NEVER quit may not always make sense.

Related Posts with Thumbnails