Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The talented librarian

Small little towns have small little libraries. I pass three of them on a regular basis. There is one down the street from me and one in each of two small towns that are very close. All are within a 15 minute drive. Of the three, two decorate their windows for the season or occasion. Whoever the people are that do the decorating do an excellent job and I always enjoy seeing their windows.

The library that is the furthest away just has a small little window but they always have something cute there. I took this picture in the dark so it's not the greatest but you can still tell what it is.


Today's card. I used an old Christmas card cut to fit the index card.

10 comments:

Duni said...

I like when little shops make an effort! I saw some very pretty decorations on my recent trips which inspired me to make my own :)

bichonpawz said...

Great job on the little window decorations! Your card is awesome...as usual!! You are so funny!

Out on the prairie said...

I spend a lot f time in the library, so enjoy meeting who runs them. I often use their recommendations for reading.

MadSnapper said...

you should post this card on FB. i love it.. star bucks.. he he he... cute little window also
love the idea of cutting the Christmas card. my mother saved bags and boxes of cards, she saved every card she ever got. i threw them out when she died and did not even think someone could use them for crafts

Grace said...

It's nice that the PUBLIC library is allowed to use the word 'Christmas" - The card is fabulous - the image and the saying...

Sandee said...

How cute. I love how simple those decorations are, but yet so spot on.

I always love your index cards.

Have a fabulous day. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. Did he apologize yet? ♥♥♥

Christine said...

As we say over here when something's really good, " that's a cracker!" Your card is so good! The library window is really pretty too!

Unknown said...

I do not remember if it ever had a decorated window, but I can still remember the thrill I felt whenever I went into the Barry County Library in Cassville during much, much younger days. Even then, I was well aware of how tiny the building (originally a house) was, but it was crammed full of wonders about the far corners of this world.

Lin said...

Aw....love the decorated window. I remember when all of the stores decorated windows. Now it is only Macy's.

CUTE card. I love your cards.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I grew up seeing the windows all dressed up in department stores in down town Dallas...
i miss that.
I'm thinking now, a walk through down town would be a nice treat, you know just to see the windows all dressed out for Christmas.
thanks for stopping by and leaving sweet comments on the blog while I've been out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails