Sunday, March 12, 2017

On such a winter's day

It was Cold (with a capital C) yesterday. When I headed out to do the weekly shopping it was a whopping 16 degrees. So what do you do when it's that cold? Well I certainly didn't go out for a walk. I stayed in the house and took pictures of nothing in particular.

I took lots through the window of the bare tree

Then I took a couple of the basket of silk flowers hanging on the wall in the craft room

Then I decided to play around with it a bit. 

When I was done with that I said "Hey I can use this stuff for a post"  The song that popped in to my head and helped me with the post title California Dreamin'



And my complaint for the day is that I lost an hour sleep this morning and I'm going to work extra tired. Need more coffee.


10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love this song, it is brilliant! I also love the blue triangle in your first picture! Beautiful flower basket; the edit looks Victorian.

bichonpawz said...

It has been ridiculously cold here too Ann! Now...they are calling for major snow. I am tired of it. The thing I am most tired about is the grayness...lack of color. I simply cannot wait to head south. Love that song!! Your craft basket does look rather Victorian! Hope you make it through the day...losing one hour seems like many more!

MadSnapper said...

clapping wildly for the photo of the basket of flowers. good job!! love that tree but not the 16 degrees, yowsa.. we were at 80 yesterday. come on down

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the bitter cold! I love the picture of the large tree. Nice edit on the basket of flowers too. Get some more coffee and best wishes for your day.

Hootin Anni said...

I remember those days like that...one day nearing 80 and the next day dropping to 0!! And it sucks.
Love the flower image...and the edit. I agree...very Victorian.

I hate DST [in fact I wrote my congressmen to have Texas go OFF of this nonsense like Hawaii and Arizona] It doesn't do anything but screw with my system. In fact to rebel the government, I and Bud just leave our clocks alone all year long. If I have an appointment at 8 I just write down 7.

Grace said...

Since I rarely leave my apartment ALL my outdoor photos are taken through the windows! Bring the outdoors in without freezing your fingers off!

Marg said...

Like that picture of tree outside. The basket of flowers are pretty too. I hate Daylight savings time. Just silly.

Sandee said...

As soon as I saw your post title, I thought of this song. Love it. It's playing as I type.

Have a fabulous day and stay warm. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

One of my favorite Mamas and the Papa's songs.

Ida said...

Nice musical selection. Lately though California hasn't been having the best of weather. I like the antique look of your floral edit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails