Saturday, June 17, 2017

Let them eat cake

Yesterday was a cake day at work. It wasn't necessarily a piece of cake though. I had 3 cakes that I had to do. One full sheet and two half sheets. It wasn't until I finished the third one that I thought to myself, you should take a picture of this to use for a blog post. So I did



One of the cakes I did was ordered for 11;00 am. I figured I would get started on it after my first break which is at 8. About 10 minutes before I was ready to go on break a woman comes to the deli counter and says she's there to pick up her cake. The deli manager told her I hadn't started on it yet. Apparently she thought that since she was in the store early for other things she was just going to get the cake then. Um, hello. If you want it at 8 order it for 8.

14 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

This cake is a work of art, Ann. Beautiful.
Amalia
xo

Deb said...

Lovely cake Ann and hopefully your customer appreciated the fact she was getting a FRESH cake at 11:00 rather than one that had been decorated the day before! Deb xo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Roses for Rosa! It is beautiful!!! I love it when you show the pretty things you bake! Which is rarely. You have a talent for this!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful cake. People are funny, aren't they? She should have been pleased that it was made fresh!
You are very talented.

Duni said...

The cake you made is beautiful! I love the roses :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

Now this makes me hungry for cake. Unfortunately I have no cake and it's 6 a.m. right now. I'll just have to use my imagination and look at the picture.

Marg said...

That is a gorgeous cake. Silly woman, did she not want a fresh cake??? Anyway, she did get a great cake.

Grace said...

They are so lucky to have such a creative, artistic person working for them. I hope the woman appreciated that she was going to be getting a 'fresh' cake not something that had been sitting around...

Connie said...

She may have had to come back again, but I know she was happy with that very pretty cake. You're right . . . they could have ordered it for 8 just as well as 10 and you would have had it ready at 8. Would have love to seen the other two, too.
Have a happy weekend.
Connie :)

Jeanette said...

That is a beautiful cake!

Sandee said...

Pretty cake and yes if you want the cake at 8 then you need to make the pickup at 8. Fresh trumps everything. I like that. That cake is also beautiful.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Sandee said...

Oops...big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Hootin Anni said...

Omg...people are getting dumber by the day! [Pretty work ann]

Lin said...

WOW! That is beautiful!! You do such amazing work!

People don't think that there is actual work to making things for them. We are all so used to instantaneous satisfaction and results...with no thought about the work that goes into things.

When I was making quilts, people would ask if I sold them. I always said no. People don't want to pay for high quality fabrics and handwork--they want fast and cheap. No respect for quality.

Related Posts with Thumbnails