Thursday, February 15, 2018

copycat

I have a board on Pinterest labeled greeting card inspiration. Since I'm not good at coming up with my own designs, I go to the board and copy a card I pinned.

This time I did this one.
This one comes from a blog called Simple & Sincere. The last blog post there was in 2012.

I did it in two different color schemes. These are mine.


I realized after I did mine that I had the words placed lower which didn't leave room for the ribbon but I didn't have any ribbon anyway. I did have some jewels that I was going to put on them but couldn't decide where to place them. I may add them or I may leave them like this.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Really elegant. I love the embossing.

The Feminine Energy said...

How beautiful, Ann!! I like it much better without ribbon. Blessings~ Andrea xoxo

MadSnapper said...

I am with Ginny on the embossing. love it. they are really nice and good without the ribbon to me

Grace said...

I think they can happily go jewel-less. I love the stars, how you make them 3-dimensional.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty! You could make a website & sell these online as a 2nd incone...easily!!

Hint: black, yellow & white color scheme with a bee buzzing around. With thanks for beeing my friend on it. There aren't many cards out there with such a 'general' theme.

Out on the prairie said...

a fun design

Sandee said...

Both of them are beautiful. I'd leave them just the way they are.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Dr Sonia S V said...

So pretty Ann...especially love the embossing!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those came out really cute.

Lin said...

I don't see anything wrong with borrowing ideas from others. Especially if they are putting their stuff out there. I guess it is wrong if you take credit for it...but you aren't. You can get inspiration and make your own changes to add your personality.

Sharkbytes said...

cute- we all take inspiration from things we've seen

Related Posts with Thumbnails